Silicone Oill – 1500 cSt
Aurosil 1500 is a fractionated, purified, sterile and apyrogenic silicone oil designed for long term Endotamponade after surgical treatment for severe retinal detachment.
- The choice of viscosity that offers an optimum balance between easy injection and stable long term Endotamponade.
- It offers a dynamic viscosity and its stable intermolecular forces resist early emulsification.
- Chemically and physiologically inert homogeneous liquid.
- Low levels of reactive – OH end groups minimize the risk of interaction with ocular environment.
- Manufactured under GMP environment, assures product safety and performance.
- Viscosity (at 25°C) : 1500 cSt ± 50 cSt
- Refractive index (at 25°C) : 1.4013 – 1.4053
- Specific Gravity (at 30°C) : 0.9740 ± 0.001
- Average Molecular Weight (daltons) : 44,000 ±1000
- Poly Dispersion Index : 2.5
- Toxic Residue : Nil
- Content of -OH-end groups : <70 ppm
Retinal detachment with giant tear, retinal detachment with proliferative vitreo retinopathy (PVR), proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) and traumatic retinal detachment.
Pseudophakic patients with silicone intraocular lens (silicone oil can chemically interact and opacify silicone elastomers).
Available in 10 ml vial in a sterile pouch.